Australia China Business & Investment Connection Centre Pty Ltd (ACN 612 350 535) and its subsidiaries and affiliates ("ACBIC" or "we") respect your preferences concerning the collection and use of your personal data. Our goal is to deliver content targeted to the industry in which you work, the products you use, the role you play in your organization, and your specific preferences.
In order to provide you with relevant information, fulfil your specific requests, and enhance your experience across the ACBIC website (“Website”), we will at times collect information or request personal information from you. The information collected and how it is used will vary across the Website. This policy describes how we collect information on the Website, how we use information collected from the Website, and what choices you may have.
PRIOR PRIVACY POLICIES
We collect IP addresses and domain name information for system administration, security, and statistical analysis purposes. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to a computer whenever it is connected to the Internet. We log these addresses and analyse them to understand where requests originate, so that we can provide the most efficient service, enhance security, ensure appropriate usage, and produce traffic volume statistics.
We also collect personal information from users of the Website, through registration screens, from online sales inquiries, or in e-mails that users send us. Personal information may include but not limited to name, title, company, address, phone number, e-mail address, and the like.
COOKIES AND PIXEL TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies are small text files that a website can send to a user's browser for storage on the hard drive. Cookies can make use of the Web easier by saving status and preferences about a website.
While we do not offer an opt-out on the Website for cookies, your browser provides you with information and control over cookies. You can set your Web browser to alert you when a cookie is being used, get information on the duration of the cookie, and learn to which server your information is being returned. To learn more about cookies and browser functionality relating to cookies please search for "cookies" in the help function of your browser.
We may also use embedded pixel technologies to help track site usage. The site usage information collected by these technologies is associated with cookies and may provide personally identifiable information about site use by registered users of ACBIC. This information is used to evaluate site content, navigability and composition as well as page response rates.
RETENTION OF MEMBER INFORMATION
We retain information about members as necessary for business purposes and as required by government regulation. For example, we retain information about packages, including names and addresses, so that we can provide proof of delivery information and to process claim requests. We carefully dispose of records and delete information when retention periods expire.
As we collect and use information about our customers, we may contract with vendors to assist us in processing that information. These vendors are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are restricted from using the information for any purpose other than helping to provide ACBIC services to our customers. We also reserve the right to transfer or disclose identifiable information to third parties in connection to the sale or proposed sale of any of our subsidiaries or affiliates, or of any division or part of ACBIC.
HOW WE USE THE DATA WE COLLECT
We use the data collected from users for the following purposes:
- To engage in transactions or communications. Name, address, e-mail, shipment details, and credit card/payment information may be collected and stored as part of the transaction history. The majority of the information collected under this category is business contact information. We may need to share some of this information (address, payment) with delivery services, credit card clearing houses and other similarly situated third parties that are required to accomplish the transaction. We also use this information to respond to inquiries about the tracking of packages.
- To ensure adequate shipment and delivery of shipment. We receive and collect information about individuals who are the sender or recipient of shipments. This information is provided to us by the person or entity who orders or arranges for the shipment. If you are such entity, and provide us with personal information of a third party, you represent and warrant to ACBIC that you have obtained all necessary consents for the processing of such personal information contemplated by the shipment, including the transfer of such data to the United States or other countries whose laws may not provide the same level of protection for the personal data as the laws of the country of origin of such individual.
- To better respond to requests for quotes for services. ACBIC will pass contact information to the appropriate ACBIC sales person or consultant for follow-up related to your request.
- To provide future service and support. Information collected for this purpose is both contact information and information related to services requested. This information is also used to provide service update, and similar notices.
- To select content. Information may be collected to help create Website content and navigation that is most relevant and user friendly. This includes information collected as a result of site navigation as well as information provided in forms.
- To better tailor marketing to user needs. We may use information to provide you with notices of service developments that may address your needs. Marketing notices are subject to the general opt-out elections.
- To power joint sales or product promotions. ACBIC and its partners may engage in joint events or provide bundled products. Such promotions will always reference the partners involved. Both ACBIC and the partner(s) will have access to that information. While we carefully choose our partners, privacy is a very subjective concern and we advise you to review the privacy policies of these partners.
- To promote our services. With approval, we may also send information to registered users about ACBIC products, services, and system changes that we think may be of interest. We allow users to choose to discontinue (opt-out) from receiving information from ACBIC at any time.
- As a result of legal requirements. ACBIC may be required to provide personally identifiable information to comply with legally mandated reporting, disclosure, or other legal process requirements.
We recognize that users may not wish to be contacted about new or related services. Our Website allows you to opt-out of e-mail marketing that may result from use of the site. These choices may be made as part of the registration process or from links in marketing mailings. There are a few limited exceptions to the opt-out for certain communications, such as communications related to an order, or with respect to a pricing inquiry.
We only share information with selected companies after providing users with ability to either opt-out of, or opt-in to the sharing. There are limitations to such opt-outs/opt-ins: in the case of joint sale or joint events where the information goes to both ACBIC and the other party at the same time, where the customer has requested follow up which involves ACBIC partners, and as needed with third parties required to accomplish the transaction including delivery and credit card clearing services. As we further develop our preference tools we will endeavor to have our partners join in their use to provide the user with a more seamless and streamlined environment.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
https://www.australiachinaconnection.com.au provides links to external sites as a convenience to the user. The inclusion of any link does not imply ACBIC endorsement of the external site company, its website, or the products and services it promotes and sells. These sites are provided as a convenience and are beyond our control. ACBIC is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Websites. You are advised to check the privacy policies of those sites before providing your personal information to them.
ACBIC has in place generally accepted information security techniques to prevent unauthorized access to information we collect. These measures include - policies, procedures, firewalls, access control procedures and cryptography, and technical elements relating to data access controls.
If we are going to use your personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify you via email. You will have a choice as to whether or not we use your information in this different manner. If we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a prominent notice on this Website notifying users of the change.